Who is seperating themself from the crowd?
1. Colt McCoy - McCoy lead the Longhorns back from a 3rd quarter deficit to beat then number one ranked Oklahoma in the heated Red River Shootout. McCoy managed to complete 28/ 35 passes and managed to keep from giving the ball away. McCoy has made the BCS Championship game the Lonhorns to lose but the road is not easy, their next 3 games are against Missouri, Oklahoma State and at Texas Tech. If McCoy can keep takeing care of the ball as well as he is and continue to complete 80% of his passes then the heisman is a very real possibility for Colt.
2. Javon Ringer - Leading his team to 17th place ranking in the coaches poll, Ringer is having an amazing season going with the Spartans. Ringer is currently leading the Nation in both rushing yards (1112) and rushing touchdowns (14). Noone is saying anything but the Spartans are currently undefeated in the Big 10 and with games remaining against Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State Michigan State has the chance to make it to a Big bowl game this year. If Ringer can keep up his numbers and play big against the aformentioned temas then he has the opportunity to really impress heisman voters.
3. Sam Bradford - Bradford threw 2 costly interceptions but made up for it with 5 passing TD's. Bradford and the Sooners are now playing from behind and need Twexas to lose at least 2 in conferece games to make it to the Big 12 championship. The fact that the Sooners might not come out on top of the Big 12 makes it difficult for him to seperate himself from any of the other Big 12 QB's the way McCoy has. Winning answers alot of people questions and silences alot of doubters when it comes to heisman voting especially as a quarterback.
4. Max Hall - Brigham Young has the best shot of any non-BCS school to make a BCS game and Max Hall is the one leading them there. He has thrown an amazing 20 touchdowns this season and isnt likely to slow down. The Cougars toughest test will likely be in their final game of the season at Utah. The Hall doesnt play for a big name school and will have to win over heisman voters as a cinderalla story. If his team fails then that will likely ruin any hopes he has of earning a heisman.
5. Chase Daniel - The stage was set for Daniel to make a last minute game winning heisman drive agains Oklahoma State this weekend. The problem is that Daniel failed to deliver, not only did he fail but he threw 3 interceptions and only 1 touchdown while he was at it. Not being able to lead his team over an in conference underdog hurts Daniel and makes it difficult for his average statistics to win over any heisman votes. The fact that Daniel is in the same conferenc as several other heisman hopeful quarterbacks makes his task even more difficult.
6. Knowshon Moreno - Only getting a portion of your teams carries can really hold a player back such as in Moreno's case. Despite only having 102 carries Moreno has managed to find the endzone 10 times and has amassed 590 yards. Moreno has been one of the most jaw dropping players in football this year whether it be hurdling defenders or leaping into the endzone. If Moreno doesnt get an invite to the ceremony this year then he will be one of the favorites for next year.
On the bubble - Jarrett Dillard Rice, Graham Harell Texas Tech, Donald Brown UConn, Michael Crabtree Texas Tech.